Selling a Home: A Starting Point
Basics Are Just the Beginning
When you put your home on the market, a real estate agent may compile comparative pricing of homes in your area, post a sign in your yard or place your home on the Search All Listings. Most real estate agents will offer these industry standard services. Even the most expected service yields superior results.
- Our standard services are handled with exceptional care and expertise
- We offer exclusive services and a customized marketing plan developed specifically for you
When you list your home with us, you can rest assured that behind us is a team of experts who are well trained to support your interests. Our professional support team shares our commitment to a successful transaction. Here is a list of our support efforts:
- Most office managers are non-selling real estate professionals, thus maximizing their availability to sales associates and to you
- Sales associates are supported with full-time administrative staff, allowing them more time to attend to your needs
- Individual agent marketing of your home is supported with extensive advertising, increasing exposure to potential buyers
- Offices are open seven days a week, with sales associates and support staff available to you and potential buyers
Pricing your home is a complex task that requires the expertise of an experienced real estate professional. Consider the following:
- If the listing price is set too high, potential buyers may be deterred from considering your home.
- Arriving at the optimal price requires evaluation and understanding of current market conditions, and the marketable features of your home.
- The closer your home is priced to fair market value when it first comes on the market, the more likely it will sell quickly at the highest price.
- The higher your home is priced above market value, the fewer number of buyers will look at it.
- Determining the selling price of recently sold properties with attributes similar to yours.
- Arriving at a listing price that is attractive enough for buyers to request showings and make acceptable offers.
- Determining what properties are competing for the attention of buyers right now.
- Determining what properties have not sold. This is a good indicator of what prices buyers are unwilling to pay under current market conditions.
Bringing Buyers to Your Home
Understanding where buyers come from allows agents to market your home more effectively. While buyers use a variety of information sources to learn about homes for sale in their target neighborhood and price range, the vast majority will discover your home with the assistance of a real estate professional. According to research by the California Association of Realtors®, 72% of Internet home buyers and 63% of traditional buyers were first exposed to the home they purchased by their real estate agent. Therefore, we will use a comprehensive plan that includes networking with colleagues throughout the area to position your home to the right buyer.
Marketing Your Home
The more exposure your home receives, the more opportunity you'll have to achieve your financial and time-oriented goals. In addition to Internet and print media advertising, we attract qualified buyers by using the following methods:
- Property Flyer - We prepare a professional marketing sales tool including graphics and highlights of your home to distribute to the brokerage community and potential buyers.
- Search All Listings - Information about your home will be included in the Multiple Listing Service, a database of currently available properties accessible by real estate professionals.
- Other Brokers - We cooperate with and invite other brokers in the community to tour your home in order to find a buyer.
- Relocation connections - Prospects for your home also come from relocation services, corporations, executive search firms and fellow associates who keep track of potential buyers and maintain relationships with former clients.
- Referral Network - Sales meetings allow sales associates to present new listings. Other sales associates then refer to their client databases to identify potential buyers and arrange viewing appointments.
When offers are presented, we will advise you and help obtain the best possible price and terms.
Understanding the various standard contract forms and the vast array of contractual issues is key to negotiating the best terms to meet your individual needs. Making sure buyers are qualified and knowledgeable about available financing alternatives is of the utmost importance in negotiating a successful sale. We will promote your interests and assist in developing a clear and binding contract.
Many details must be attended to before a sale becomes final, including inspections, loan documents, contingency removals, and insurance. We know how difficult and time consuming this process is, and thus, we will handle scheduling inspections, reviewing documents, and making sure all of the required disclosure forms and pamphlets are provided in a timely fashion.